[ale] USB Keyboard problems

Ryan Williams ryan at jimmyether.com
Sat Jun 12 13:55:13 EDT 2004

I'm using SuSE 9.1 Pro with KDE and having problems with it lossing connection
to my USB keyboard. Any time it wakes up from suspend mode, the keyboard no
longer works, yet strangely, the USB mouse works fine. If I then reboot, the
keyboard works fine again once KDE finishes booting.

Also, the keyboard will not work at all with GRUB. So, when the screen comes
up to select between OS platforms, I have to have a PS/2 keyboard plugged in
to select anything other than the default. I am using a USB KVM switch to
share the USB keyboard, mouse and monitor with my other system, so I'd really
like to figure out a way around this issue. I couldn't find anything on the
SuSE knowledge base (at least that applied to 9.1). Anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks!

Ryan