[ale] SuSE installer boot problem

Ryan Williams ryan at jimmyether.com
Sat Jun 5 13:54:10 EDT 2004

I am trying to install SuSE 9.1 on a PC I just built. I'm wanting to
set this up as a dual-boot system, and already have XP installed and
running. I have my bios set up to attempt to boot from the DVD burner
drive first, yet I can not get the first suSE disc to boot on restart.
I downloaded these images from Jonathan's site a few weeks back. They
were downloaded to one of my OSX systems, mounted and burned with Toast
using the copy feature. Generally, this makes a perfect copy of the
disc or image, so I'm not sure why the PC won't boot from the CD.
Perhaps the disc is in the wrong format coming from OSX? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ryan