[ale] OT - Rant - I don't want your toner cartridges

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Fri Jul 23 18:15:03 EDT 2004

On Friday 23 July 2004 05:44 pm, Joe Knapka wrote:
> Further OT: a friend of my son's was recently hired by a telemarketing
> firm. He lasted exactly one day at the job. He was fired due to the
> following exchange, no lie:
>
> VICTIM: Hello?
>
> MY SON'S FRIEND: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my
> father. ?Prepare to die.

And further still OT...  [FSOT]?

Years ago, one of my wife's friends, a total computer newbie at the time,
phoned us in a panic. Explained that she had received a "Death Threat" in her
email, and asked us what to do.

Turned out she had stumbled into usenet, mistook it for mail, and saw that
line in a signature.
--
William