[ale] subverting public school software

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Jul 20 08:03:32 EDT 2004

No flames but have you see the new installer in Sarge?  I used it to
install a laptop last week, it's about a 200% improvement over the
older.  No, still not as nice as RedHat's but going into a school, a
little more security might be a nice thing.

You also might want to see if they're going to have use for a proxy
server with a "protect the children" feature.  squid+squidguard has
worked great at a school in colorado I set up almost 4 years ago.  It
got some attention when people got the "oh no they might learn something
I don't aprove of" bug.

Thus spake James P. Kinney III (jkinney at localnetsolutions.com):