[ale] Need A/V software suggestions

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon Jul 19 11:14:44 EDT 2004

[...]

    Eric> Also, I wanted to get good suggestions on packages for use
    Eric> with:

    Eric> - H.323 video conferencing (preferably something that works
    Eric> with NetMeeting) - Audio editing/mixing GUI - DV editing

Buy a Mac . . . :)

Seriously not trying to be flame-bait, but I've been quite happy with
my g4.  iChat, GarageBand, and iMovie have been more than sufficient
for my consumer-grade needs that you've mention.  If you're not as
bent on rolling your own it's nice having something that "just works"
out of the box (and with kids the free time to get things working
seems to have decreased greatly).

And this way I might even have time to get another athlon box up and
running Fedora 2 and mythtv again . . . :)