[ale] Need A/V software suggestions

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jul 19 10:54:35 EDT 2004

Eric Webb wrote:
> Hi ALEers,
>
> I noticed a thread recently discussing the use of Motion for "security
> cam"-type use.  Was there any discussion of favorite software for putting up
> streaming video from a webcam?  I'm currently using camstreams to put up
> snapshots every few seconds, and I've heard that camserv is good for
> streaming.  Any suggestions?
>
> Also, I wanted to get good suggestions on packages for use with:
>
> -  H.323 video conferencing (preferably something that works with NetMeeting)
> -  Audio editing/mixing GUI

I've used Audacity for the above and find it meets my needs.  Nothing
fancy though.  Mostly created cds of existing lps and cassettes.  Tried
my hand at some mixing with 'mixed' results. :)

> -  DV editing

I'm starting to look into this as well, really mainly want to copy some
digital tapes to dvd.  I'll post any success/failures I have in this area.