[ale] Hellsouth's wonderful email service

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Jul 18 19:59:39 EDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 16:21, tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:
> > I don't see any need to make my life more
> > expensive just so I can email the thirty or so relatives with email on a
> > monthly basis. Nor do I see a reason to double my costs and get a business
> > line just because I'm running a network behind my modem. Etc, Etc.
>
> Nothing, that I know of, in ANY personal/home-use IP contract would
> prevent that.  HOWEVER, your means of doing such a task need to be
> "normal", not as a business or commercial entity which might send bulk
> mail to 30+ people through their own mailserver.   The key word here is
> "server", and MOST personal/home-use contracts expressly prohibit them.
>
> The fine print is there for a reason... ignorance is no excuse

Yup. The fine print is there to make it harder to decipher the legalese
8-)

Smart remarks aside, if the agreement is signed/made/shook on, live up to
it. Simple ethics or something.

I get off when marketing or market conditions or something allow a
price to double (more or less) when the seller is doing less work.