[ale]OT It begins...

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 01:32:54 EST 2004

There is no feasible way to do what you are asking for, short of
removing the sender's email address entirely.  Even then... it is
ineffective because the body of the email may contain email addresses
from a reply or forward, and the diversity of email clients makes it
near impossible to determine where a client may inject the original
posters email address (headers included).

Given the use of email addresses in sigs, RFCs, announcements, and code
samples (not to mention emails containing valid addresses that posters
are trying to share, i.e. Congressmen, etc), it would require human
intervention (i.e. a moderator, also not perfect) to scan each email and
decide what email addresses should remain.

If you don't want your address public, get a diff email account for
public lists.

-Jim P.