[ale] Re: Ale Digest, Vol 5, Issue 104

Van L. Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Mon Jan 26 12:03:14 EST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:46:38 -0500
ale-request at ale.org wrote:

> Message: 10
> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:47:15 -0500
> From: Danny Cox <danscox at mindspring.com>
> Subject: Re: [ale] question about wireless networking under fedora
> 	core 1
> To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
>
> Van,
>
> On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 10:31, Van L. Loggins wrote:
> > does anyone know of a graphical type program that I can use to be
>
> > able to monitor my wireless signal strength.
>
> 	Right-click on the panel, under "Add to Panel", "Internet", look for
> "Wireless Link Monitor" or something like that.  Viola!

I don't have an option for that under internet. I don't use Gnome, I use KDE

but thanks. when I logged in as root (which is still set to use gnome) I was able to do this.

now I'm trying to figure out the name of the program so I can add it manually to a KDE panel

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept
      _
     -o)
     /\\
    _\_v