[ale] Desktop Linux

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Mon Jan 26 12:00:21 EST 2004

I would have to say "no" to Lindows for family and friends.  Lindows "ease
of use" is a main account that _is root_ so, realistically, it would be
_very_ easy for a uninformed user to screw up their system as fast as a
Windows machine.  Won't go into the subscription aspect as I'm undecided on
several issues and need to be better informed before making a blanket
statement.

I think something like Lycoris would probably be as easy (easier?) to
install with more options.  For me and mine it is mainly Debian (or Debian
based --except for Lindows) and Suse (did they change the "SE"?).

preston