[ale] HTML font setting for kmail?

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Feb 27 14:11:59 EST 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 01:15 pm, William Bagwell wrote:
> On Friday 27 February 2004 12:28 pm, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> > Can you be more explicit?  Where does the drop down come from?
>
> Settings, Configure Kmail, Appearance, Fonts tab, then check the "Use
> custom fonts" box.  Should be self explanatory from there.

Yes, that is all there.  But as I tried to say, changing this has no affect on
the HTML mail.  I just tried raising the font size to 18 and the headers went
REALLY BIG, but the content stayed small.

It may be one of these things where the sender chose a small font and my
computer is honoring it.  I wonder if there is some way to use a custom
stylesheet when reading email.

> > If I click on one of my email parts in my Message Structure Viewer all
> > I get are three disposition options: Save, Save as Encoded, Save All
> > Attachments.
>
> Hmm, I was viewing them in a folder with "Prefer HTML to Plain Text"
> selected, none had / were showing as attachments.  That might be the
> difference...  Will disconnect and go play with some settings.  (I never
> open my Trash folder, or any untrusted HTML while connected.)

I doubt if that is the problem.  I just tried changing my preference on a
folder and the above behavior persists.

Thanks,

Michael