[ale] Are autoeject floppy drives available for linux??

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Feb 25 16:19:42 EST 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 01:57 pm, tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:
> I got a semi-wild idea last night for my girlfriend's computer. Is there a
> source of autoeject floppy drives like what Apple used to provide with the
> mac, and are such drives supported under linux? Since I've been "mount"ing
> & "umount"ing filesystems since the mid-80s, using floppies my way drives
> her crazy. Crazy enough that she will not use them, but will wait until
> I'm around to do the job for her. Obviously, if I'm going to be successful
> in getting her fully to linux, I need to automate this usage.

Use supermount.  Either grab the patches from sourceforge, or just install
Mandrake.  No more mounting.  Just insert, use and eject.  Just like in DOS.
It's like magic if you are used to mount/umount..  Mandrake installs it by
default, which is why it is the only system I will install for MS refugees.

Michael