[ale] Stability of Debian Testing

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Sat Feb 21 11:49:52 EST 2004

Sarge will become the new stable in the near future.  I haven't run into any problems with it currently on my "testing" machine.

for home use Sarge (Testing) should be fine.  just make sure you check your apt sources so they point to Sarge and not Testing, otherwise when they make the change apt will ask you all kinds of questions.

if you install Woody use Backports.org for your packages if there is something not available in the current "stable" release.

also, keep your security source to the default.

-preston