Python web programming (was Re: [ale] C#)

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Tue Feb 10 21:58:36 EST 2004

Wow - talk about bringing a thread back from the dead! Anyway, I can't knock java completely but
I find that I get a lot more work done with far less effort using python. I can easily get an entire
database/webserver driven system running on any platform in a pure python environment. Don't
need any external application or service. PHP is never going to break out of its scripted
environment. That is what it was architected for and what it does best. Trying to do more with it is a
mistake in the long term. Anyway - those are my experiences.

  -- Ben Scherrey