[ale] Open Source Repository for Local Government

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Feb 9 09:23:21 EST 2004

On Friday 06 February 2004 11:58 am, Andy Stein wrote:
> Hello Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts,
>
> I am driving a project that could lead to Local Governments creating an
> Open Source Repository of Shared application software, or simply the
> Repository.  If we succeed, the impact could be significant for Local
> Governments in the US and beyond and equally significant for Open Source
> as a means of creating enterprise business mission critical
> applications.  It could mean that many Open Source and Linux enthusiasts
> like you could benefit from an additional source of income as you guide
> and assist municipalities in the transition.
>
> I will be in Atlanta during March 10 through 12 and would like to meet
> with those on this distribution list who see value in the proposal.
> Unfortunately this falls on the off Thursday for both ALE NE and NW.  I
> thought maybe a smaller group could meet on Thursday, March 11.

Hi Andy,

I think maybe you missed the existance of ALE Central (the oldest and best
attended ALE meeting) which will meet Thursday, March 11.  You would be most
welcome to come to that meeting.  We have a speaker scheduled, but we'd love
for you to give, say, a 15 minute presentation on what you're up to.  I think
it is important work and there would be lots of interest from our members.

We meet at 7:30 at the Emory University Law School.  Directions are
http://ale.org/Central/directions.shtml

I hope you can come.  Let me know and I'll put it on our announcement.

See you,

Michael