[ale] FYI: SUSE9.0/Home Power Networking

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 6 18:15:38 EST 2004

Everybody knows the company. A lot of you use our products everyday, and
don't think anything about it.

I just happen to work in the Availability Enhancement Group, which is the
group charged with creating products to keep your networks cruising with the
highest uptime possible. My area is working with UPS and battery systems for
large scale applications like datacenters and industrial UPS applications. I
work in the engineering department as a technical product manager.

We are at http://www.apc.com and if you look in products, and Surge
Protection and Power Conditioning products, there are a lot of useful
devices like the ProtectNet products that are useful in network applications
as well as SOHO situations.

Small to large, I think we can provide for the majority of your needs.

Dan