[ale] DVD burning software?

Joe Story joestory at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 5 02:06:45 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 15:29, Ken Arromdee wrote:
> What software would people recommend to burn data DVDs under Linux?  (Probably
> a frontend to a command line program.)
>
> I tried k3b, but I don't normally run KDE or Gnome, and it refused to work
> properly by itself.
>
> xcdroast can handle DVDs now, but depends on a non-free version of cdrtools
> that requires an activation code.

I am burning DVD's using xcdroast version 0.98 alpha 15.  There is a
free, not-for-profit code for the cdrtools.

Taken from the README.ProDVD located in the xcdroast tarball.
Now enter your CDR_SECURITY key in the X-CD-Roast setup. If
you don't have one, you can use the "free for private usage" key from
the README above.
> died July 2003.

Had the same probs with this.  Try this link.
http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/

I believe someone already mentioned this one.
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/