[ale] what open source webmail software do you use?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Dec 29 23:05:42 EST 2004

John Wells <jb at sourceillustrated.com> said:
> As promised.
<snip/>

One of the nicest features in the new Horde I've found so far...one that, as a
subscriber of many mailing lists, makes me giddy, is the "View Thread" option.

While SquirrelMail and other clients allow you to view the message list in a
folder as a threaded list, Horde3 has a link while you're actually viewing a
message to "View Thread".

If you click it, instead of being presented with a list of messages in a
particular thread, you're actually presented with an entire concatenated
display of all messages in that thread, body and all.  Makes reading long
threads very painless...sort of like Google Group's thread view.

Very nice stuff.  Also, a "Reply To List", link, so no more confusion
about who
you're replying to.

In my mind, Horde has hands down won the war of open source webmail clients.
I'm still in awe.

John