[SPAM] - [ale] "use of uninitialized value" error in Perl program ? - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Yu, Jerry Jerry.Yu at Voicecom.com
Tue Dec 28 15:43:32 EST 2004

stat($dir/$file) at line 28 failed, as nothing meanful was assigned to $file
prior to the call to stat(). Therefore, $size was set to 'uninitialized
value' at line 28, due to failed 'stat' call.

# -----Original Message-----
# From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org]On Behalf Of
# Courtney Thomas
# Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 4:21 PM
# To: ale at ale.org
# Subject: [SPAM] - [ale] "use of uninitialized value" error in Perl
# program ? - Bayesian Filter detected spam
#
#
# I don't know Perl at all, but am trying to write a small
# program to.....
# aggregate files from one dir to a second directory for the purpose of
# burning a CD, so the block of files size moved to the new dir will be
# ~650MB.
#
# I am getting the error "use of uninitialized value" in line 29.
#
# I include the source as an attachment.
#
# I'm assuming coding subroutines and calling them with the necessary
# variables would work, but am hoping for something quicker and
# certainly
# dirtier. I'm not interested in being a Perl programmer,
# rather burning
# some CDs and have merely shot in the dark hoping for a hit, and have
# failed, of course   :-)
#
# But, hopefully a competent programmer can take these
# scattered bones and
# quickly suggest a more painless remedy than learning Perl,
# for which I
# don't have time.
#
# Appreciatively,
# Courtney
# --
# s/v Mutiny
# Rhodes Bounty II
# lying Oriental, NC
# WDB5619
#

This email and any attached files herein contain information that is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If the reader of this message is not the recipient, any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use or retention of this communication or its substance is prohibited.