[ale] Nagios check_nrpe issue

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 25 11:36:42 EST 2004

All the examples shown online showed nrpe.cfg with or without the switches.
Unfortunately, it never worked for me either way.  However, I now have a new
issue with attempting to monitor a remote RHEL3 server using a Fedora C3
box, Nagios 1.2, V1.3.1 of the plugins and NRPE v2.0.  I always receive a
socket timeout error when I attempt to run check_nrpe via the command line
no matter how long I set the timeout period via the "-t" switch (as long as
60 seconds).  I am able to telnet from the Nagios host to the monitored box
on port 5666 successfully so I know traffic can get through there
successfully.  Any ideas???

Thank you for your reply.

-Ryan