[ale] linux recommendations

james at sumners.ath.cx james at sumners.ath.cx
Wed Dec 22 11:48:06 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 11:28:34AM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> I know very little about apt. Does apt have a gui interface?  Does apt
> have a search ability?

Sure, there are plenty of gui interfaces for apt. The best pointy clicky
one is Synaptic (which I am trying to force myself to use more often).
Also, I have found that it is easier to search your apt-cache that it is
to search for random RPMs --
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/apt-cache.8.html

To weigh in on the actual question, give http://www.ubuntulinux.com/ and
http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php a read.

--
James Sumners
http://ug.dyndns.org/~jsumners/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59