[ale] need working dialup

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Tue Dec 21 11:37:18 EST 2004

YOU DA MAN!

I finally changed something that had an affect!  After reading the post
you sent just after this one I think this thing is fixable.  Here's
what I am getting now after I provide user and password in the command.
  Previously ppp was starting and as you noted failed because the
servers never authenticated.

In the command string I am sending ogin and word after connect.  I also
tried assword.  (is it ok to still chuckle when you type that?)  Do you
know what prompt ie. ogin, login, etc that is correct?

I have tried nsummerour at earthlink.net and just nsummerour but both have
given the same response.

Dec 22 01:43:58 localhost chat[17276]: send (ATZ^M)
Dec 22 01:43:58 localhost chat[17276]: expect (OK)
Dec 22 01:43:59 localhost chat[17276]: ATZ^M^M
Dec 22 01:43:59 localhost chat[17276]: OK
Dec 22 01:43:59 localhost chat[17276]:  -- got it
Dec 22 01:43:59 localhost chat[17276]: send (ATD6782454201^M)
Dec 22 01:43:59 localhost chat[17276]: expect (CONNECT)
Dec 22 01:43:59 localhost chat[17276]: ^M
Dec 22 01:44:25 localhost chat[17276]: ATD6782454201^M^M
Dec 22 01:44:25 localhost chat[17276]: CONNECT
Dec 22 01:44:25 localhost chat[17276]:  -- got it
Dec 22 01:44:25 localhost chat[17276]: send (^M)
Dec 22 01:44:25 localhost chat[17276]: expect (ogin:)
Dec 22 01:44:25 localhost chat[17276]:  52000/ARQ^M
Dec 22 01:44:26 localhost chat[17276]:
{lllllllllllllllllllllllllx^Sb[^Bn|O^Ll{onr^C^Ln`^N^RL^Op|l^BCop^@l^R^Po
^B^R^\{l{lrl^R{^Sbco`{^[bl
Dec 22 01:45:10 localhost chat[17276]: alarm
Dec 22 01:45:10 localhost chat[17276]: Failed
Dec 22 01:45:10 localhost pppd[17273]: Connect script failed
Dec 22 01:45:11 localhost pppd[17273]: Exit.