[ale] XFS multi-mount

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 20 16:14:54 EST 2004

XFS is big on caching.  Have your tried a sync on the readonly machines?  You might need to look into fam more closely.  I'm guessing a bit but your xfsd is probably not checking on files it knows that it hasn't changed.  NFS with locking would circumvent that.  File Alteration Monitor, fam, might help in this situation.  Hope this helps and doesn't lead you down the wrong path.  I remember that SGI's implementation of XFS had some RPC based daemon for talking XFS stuff, but I never looked into what it was for.  It may be applicable and duplicated in the Open Source XFS.  You could look into that.
Dow