[ale] need working dial up

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sat Dec 18 11:17:02 EST 2004

On Saturday 18 December 2004 12:30 am, Mark Wright wrote:

> If any one person on ALE has a 2.6 kernel doing dial-up please raise
> you hand. ?If not I am going to dig up a 8.x or 9.x version of mandrake
> and test my hypothesis.

I had several Mandrake 10.0s connecting directly, diffrent boxes / modems.
10.0 defaulted to a 2.6. (something) kernel. If no one else responds I can
reinstall KPPP and try a 10.1 without Smoothwall.

One other thought... Are you testing from her phone line? If not could
Earthlink be detecting this?
--
William