[ale] need working dial up

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Dec 16 16:50:16 EST 2004

On Thursday 16 December 2004 03:33 pm, Mark Wright wrote:

> Is any one using a Linux machine with a modem. ? I am willing to buy an
> internal or another external or really anything that will make it work.

AFAIK all old ISA slot and externals work.  Only an occasional bit of
mucking around in KPPP if it "thinks" it has found it on the wrong port.

There are a few PCI modens which are *supposed* to work... Never had a bit
of luck with any of them.

Currently using a USR 5686 external through SmoothWall. Before SW I did all
configuration directly in KPPP. Found that any done during install or
through a "Wizard" was a waste of time.

Are you using the correct user name and password for her ISP? Looks like you
are conecting then getting kicked off.
--
William