[ale] RSS reader/aggregator?

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Thu Dec 9 21:22:08 EST 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 09:01 pm, John Wells wrote:
> Guys,
>
> What do you folks use for RSS/atom news aggregation?  I'm looking for an
> elegant solution, preferably web based so I can run in on my home server.
>
> Any suggestions?  There seem to be quite a few out there but none so far
> that have any depth, including good design decisions.

I sometimes use KDE's Akregator, which will call the browser whenever you
click on a link. The best Gnome solution I've seen is Liferea, which can use
an embedded browser as well. Also, both Firefox and Thunderbird have RSS
capability built in now. The one in Firefix can be unreliable. I haven't
tried using Thunderburd for RSS.