[ale] Certifications

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Tue Aug 31 12:41:52 EDT 2004

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Both combined will not carry the weight that the RHCE carries.
>
> Get all 3.

true, but i am starting with the LPI.  main reasons are the readily avalable study materials (freely downloadable) and the cost of the actual tests.

i used to use RH 6, but played a bit with 7.2 and 8 enough to squash my curiosity.  nothing against RH, but i got more "support" from the Debian groups in the beginning and after getting hooked on "apt" it kind of sealed the deal for me.  given that, a RHCE would probably take a bit to wrap my mind around.

now a CISSP would be interesting also...