[ale] Burning Music CDs on Fedora Core 2

Robert Heaven robertheaven at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 30 10:39:31 EDT 2004

Is it just me? Or are any other Fedora users having problems burning
music CDs lately?

As recently as 3 weeks ago I was burning music CDs using the command
"cdrecord -v -eject speed=48 dev=/dev/hdd *.wav" and never had a
problem. Yesterday, I tried burning some CDs and my system went crazy. I
started getting FIFO under-runs, loss of streaming and some process I
can't identify was putting my CPU into a wait state that brought my
system to it's knees. Also, what little music that did get burned
sounded like some kind of Techno music from a "B" grade Sci-Fi movie.

This is not a hardware problem because I have 2 computer with FC2 and
both have the same symptoms.