[ale] Coyote Linux PPPoE negotiation with Speedfactory

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Aug 27 07:21:54 EDT 2004

grimmke at speedfactory.net wrote:
> I think that they are migrating to it.  I used to have plain old ADSL
> with a static IP, from them.  I went to their "silver" service, which
> is a controlled bandwidth (256 kbps for $35) situation, and it's PPPoE.
>  I believe that the super fast 3Mb service is PPPoE as well.  I
> understood from their helpdesk that this was pretty much the direction
> they were headed.

Yes, if you want the faster speed via speedfactory, you're going to
pppoe.  It's cheaper for them, therefore they want you to go that route.

> I hope that there are at least a few others who have dealt with this
> issue.

Yes, I have, as noted, works with smoothwall as well as a firewall I
built from scratch.  If you want a quick solution, look at smoothwall.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995