[ale] Default Soundcard in SuSE 9.1 Pro

Ryan Williams ryan at jimmyether.com
Wed Aug 25 14:26:46 EDT 2004

> I've had similar problems, and it had to do with some of the other
> volume settings in the configuration.  Have you tried turning up all
> the
> settings in the volume screen?

Yeah, it wasn't that. I fixed it. The envy24control app wouldn't run
because it was only seeing the NVidia soundcard on id 0. It was kinda
dumb, but I had to delete the NVidia driver so that the Audiophile
would be id 0 (fine since I'm not using it anyway). After that, I could
get into the mixer and make it work. MP3Blaster is playing fine out of
it now at least. Still seems like there should be a way to toggle
between various installed cards though. *shrug*

BTW, MP3Blaster is killer! Thanks to Preston for the heads-up on that!

Ryan