[ale] Default Soundcard in SuSE 9.1 Pro

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Aug 25 13:46:59 EDT 2004

I've had similar problems, and it had to do with some of the other
volume settings in the configuration.  Have you tried turning up all the
settings in the volume screen?
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
Voice - 770-874-0872
Fax    - 678-623-8002
Cell    - 678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>>ryan at jimmyether.com 08/25/04 1:05 pm >>>
This is probably a total newbie question, but I am having the hardest
time configuring my sound with SuSE 9.1 Pro. I have a PCI Audiophile
24/96 card in addition to my stock card on the ABit Mobo. I want the
Audiophile card to be the default soundcard for the system sound so
that I can play my MP3 library out of it. When I run YaST and go to
Hardware->Soundcard, it detects both cards and correctly identifies the
Audiophile card as using the Envy24 chip driver. I can even go to
"Volume" and hit "Test" and hear sound perfectly. However, I can find
no way to make my system sound play out of that card.

I looked into the SuSE user documentation and it references
configuration options that SuSE isn't giving me in YaST. I even tried
to run the Envy24 Mixer via the command line (envy24control &) and it
told me that it could not run using an Nivida chipset... which also
leads me to believe that the whole system is still looking toward the
built-in soundcard.

I know there must be something simple I am missing here. Any help is
appreciated!

Thanks!

Ryan

Ale mailing list