[ale] Dosemu help requested

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Thu Aug 19 16:11:06 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 01:28:59PM -0400, Nathan J. Underwood wrote:
> I'm using dosemu for an application, but haven't had any trouble with
> it.  The directory that the version of dos (I'm using the stock freedos,
> but got it to work with MS DOS 6.2 also) is in is generally your c:\
> drive.  What does the prompt that you're trying to install Quake under
> look like (i.e. is it still a $ or # prompt, or is it a c:\ prompt)?  If
> it's not the latter, have you typed 'dosemu' to start the emulator (I
> know that this may seem obvious, and don't mean to offend, but just want
> to be certain).
> --

No offense taken Nathan. Basically I type "dosemu install.bat" while in
the install directory of the cd. It asks me what drive to install to and
I type C. It then asks about the directory for the doom install. When I
respond to that it tells me "More than one of those directories doesn't
exist!" It then asks me to reenter the directory and nothing I've tried
works.

If I start dosemu without any other parameters it gives me a promt like:

C:\>

when it loads. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Seymour