[ale] Bycotting B$ (was Re: If you're on Bellsouth DSL, I recommend changing providers.)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Aug 19 05:58:21 EDT 2004

aaron wrote:
> I've been boycotting all possible B$ services for some time now, based on
> their 3 year run of complete incompetence and indifference in repairing their
> freaked up lines so I could get reliable DSL service at my home. The last
> straw was finding out my neighbor's DSL worked flawlessly... because the B$
> monopoly was their DSL service provider, meaning that they are hooked to
> remote terminal gear  that  B$ doesn't allow competing providers to access.

I'm the same, the first chance I have to stop giving them money, I'll be
on top of it.  Right now, I have to have there phone service in order to
get dsl through another provider, I'm hoping that will change soon.  I'm
not about to drop the phone service and go with the cable monopoly.

I know I've related the story before, but it bears repeating.  The last
time I dealt with Bellsouth in an attempt to get a simple service turned
on it took 7 people and 11 days.  The last person I spoke to was a
supervisor who I told that I should simply take my business elsewhere.
She the offered to connect me to the proper Bellsouth folks who could
terminate my service.

They bloody don't care because they don't have to.  They are the new
phone monopoly. (full disclosure: retired AT&T employee)

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995