[ale] open source portals?

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Aug 17 08:23:34 EDT 2004

[...]

    Cade> any others that you guys know are good?

    Cade> The less complicated the better, but I also don't want to
    Cade> loose too many feature either...

Depending on what you're trying to do (or trying to let them do),
blog software like like blosxom (http://blosxom.com) might work or be
close enough to be made to work with some minor tweaking.  You might
also check out some of the lightweight wikis (http://www.kwiki.org,
for one) and set them up to only allow authenticated access (making it
simple for them to maintain from their browser but not letting J
Random Browser modify things).