[ale] open source portals?

Cade Thacker linux at cade.org
Tue Aug 17 02:15:41 EDT 2004

I am trying to help out a non-profit by upgrading there website, and I
want to try and use an open source php or perl portal framework if
possible(I am trying to stay away from Java because their hosting company
does not have a servlet engine installed, so Apache's JetSpeed is out). I
wanted to get you all's opinions on the good and bad. A couple of google
queries did not turn up anything earth shattering, just a couple of names:

* php-Nuke (PHP of course)
* Metadot (Perl)
* Mambo (php)

any others that you guys know are good?

The less complicated the better, but I also don't want to loose too many
feature either...

As always, TIA...

--cade

On Linux vs Windows