[ale] [possibly ot] Anyone know of any good email marketing software (not spam)

Megan Golding mgolding at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Aug 11 12:33:57 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:01:54PM -0400, Nathan J. Underwood wrote:
> I have a customer that's looking for some software to handle their email
> marketing.  They have a large (opt-in / opt-out) email list of clients
> that they send a monthly email to containing specials, etc.  My first

I have experience with SilverPOP (www.silverpop.com), a local
company. It's a hosted solution, unless you pay big $$ for
a local install. Nice software with solid metrics. Ask for
Jenny Hill and mention my name.

I've also used Peer360 (www.peer360.com), which worked for
my needs at the time. Not as featured as SilverPOP, but
perfectly acceptable.

The nice bit about this stuff is that it handles email
bounces and unsubscribes for you.

COOL for TECHIES: If you unsubscribe from a list managed
by many of these tools, the marketer can't re-import your
address if you unsubscribe. Meaning poor list management
alone can't get you back on their mailing list.

Megan Golding, former techie-in-marketing

--
Life with Rachel, one mom's journey: http://www.kalamitykat.com

AIM: meganau  Yahoo!: meggolding  email: mgolding at sdf.lonestar.org