[ale] Emergency speaker request [ was Ale Central meeting ]

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Wed Aug 11 11:22:54 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 10:55:19AM -0400, Michael Mealling wrote:
> I could give a talk on RFID and the EPC Network being developed using
> Internet standards to make supply chain management more cost effective.
> Yea, I work for VeriSign so you could ask me all kinds of VeriSign
> questions but I doubt if I could answer most of them. ;-) I can also
> talk about ENUM since that's a related topic....

	I would like to hear that talk (especially in light of recent
articles about hacking RFID and RFID shielding) but I can't make
tomorrow night's meeting (family in town for a ceremony on Friday).

	I also may be available for a talk at a later date on wireless
security.  I recently presented this at a conference in Myrtle Beach.

	At that same conference was another speaker talking on an RFID
pilot project that had "less than stirling" results (results - not
currently cost effective or justifiable for their application).  Learned
a lot about problems and limitations and reliability of RFID.

	Mike