[ale] Speedfactory upgrade

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Aug 7 16:06:18 EDT 2004

www.x10.com . They have the most obnoxious pop-up ads and persistent
email advertising. I have a firecracker starter kit. It has a serial
port module that babbles wirelessly to a powerline receiver module.
There is a power control module that the modem wall wart is plugged in
to. When the software detects a loss of connectivity, it calls the
firecracker sender (there is Linux software for all of this stuff!)
which signals the receiver module to send a power-off signal to the
specified device (the wall wart power block) then it waits 3 seconds and
send the power-on signal.

Dig around for the home automation pages on the x10 site. Then dig out
your wallet!