[ale] Speedfactory upgrade

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sat Aug 7 09:23:28 EDT 2004

Never had a problem with three years on Speakeasy.  The only noticeable
outage I had was when they moved my POP.  The only reason I changeded is
because they couldn't provide higher speed in my area.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
Voice - 770-874-0872
Fax    - 678-623-8002
Cell    - 678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

James Taylor wrote:
> I transferred to speedfactory about a month ago, and it's been mostly
> satisfactory.  I've had a one hour outage which seemed to have been a
> Bell back end maintenance problem.
>
> I have been a little concerned that I've had outages during
> thunderstorms when my power blinks.  I've got all the equipment on
UPS,
> but in the lightning storms we've had lately, there have been a couple
> of times when it's taken 5-10 minutes for the DSL modem to reconnect.

Wierd.  I've got all my hardware behind ups's as well.  There's been
some nasty storms of late, but I've never had any weather related
outages.

You didn't have these problems prior to the move to Speedfactory?

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer -