[ale] Last Gasp - New Economy?

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Thu Sep 18 13:09:45 EDT 2003

What was so inflammatory about this?  It doesn't go anywhere near politics,
just development and economic philosophy..  Being that a great deal of us
are developers, I think there is some interest here. Is it because I
mentioned supply side? The article didn't, that was just my own thoughts
about what I'd read. Did you read the article?

<Sigh> Has this list become so dysfunctional that we can't have a discussion
about development philosophy?  If it has, please let me know.. cause if
we're being caged in that badly, I'll stop answering Php questions..

Fletch, don't you go answering PERL questions either.. they *might* touch on
the right and wrong way to do something and, once that happens you'll have
to take it off list, or publicly apologize for your sins, or both. Oh, and
while were at it, let's stop giving opinions on smtp servers, scripting
languages, distros or anything else that might offend the overly sensitive.

Oh, and lets stop talking about SCO.. since that's purely a legal issue and
has nothing to do with actual Linux best practices.

SQL has precisely zero to do with Linux, other than the fact that you can
run an SQL server on Linux. So, please, let's not ask any query questions
either..

If you want a purely technical, purely linux list, your going to have to be
less selective and more proactive about what you ask to be taken "offline".
Selective censorship isn't going to make anyone any happier.

<Says 3 Hail Marys for responding to this post in the first place>

-G