Simple steps Re: [ale] Another SSH Release?

synco gibraldter synco at xodarap.net
Wed Sep 17 14:22:35 EDT 2003

On 17 Sep 2003 at 11:53, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> echo "/etc/init.d/sshd stop; /etc/init.d/sshd start" | at now + 1 minute

> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 11:41, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> > echo "./sshd stop;sshd start" | at now + 1 minute

as long as we're being technical here, how is your way any better than christopher's
way?  for example, you're making an assumption that all users would even HAVE a
script called sshd in the /etc/init.d directory -- i don't.... lots of folk probably don't.

by the way, i upgraded one of my remote machines by temporarily enabling telnet
and changing my root pass.  upon successful upgrade, i disabled telnet and changed
my pass back.  this isn't a very SAFE method (especially if you're on a cable modem
network) but it's a lot more generalized and would work for anybody's linux (not just
yours).

peace.

--    synco gibraldter
--    atlanta, ga