[ale] (reasonably) mature GUI solutions in Linux

John Wells jwells at secureworks.com
Mon Sep 15 08:41:07 EDT 2003

Woops...perhaps I should have mentioned...he needs something that will run
on Windows as well :(, as most of his clients are Windows-centric.

That's why Python+wxWindows or Java is more appealing.  I'm betting on Java
at this point but need to look closer at wxPython.

Tcl/Tk in my opinion is an undesirable solution and a pain in the ass to
maintain.  Tkinter is a little better but still suffers from the pain and
agony of it's underlying Tk.... ;-)

John