[ale] OT: submit your own anti-trust complaint against Microsoft

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Fri Sep 12 08:38:26 EDT 2003

On Thursday 11 September 2003 11:33 pm, synco gibraldter wrote:
> i've been thinking about this for a while -- maybe i'm dumb or maybe it's
> the beer but i don't think i quite understand what microsoft is doing that
> would necessitate my complaing or participating in a suit against them.
> why should i complain?
>
> obviously most linux users are going to support the open source community
> (and believe me i do... remember the opera post i made that got me ragged
> on for a seemingly endless thread?) and believe that open source software
> is the best way to go.  despite those views, i really have a lot of respect
> for what microsoft has built.  i don't see how they are closing the market
> to others [except for the fact that they make many full-featured user
> friendly applications that few companies can compete with -- mostly those
> who specialize beyond microsoft's reach].

Funny you should mention Opera. Does it not interest you that Microsoft was
so scared of Opera that Microsoft websites intentionally sent broken html to
any browser which identified itself as Opera - so that Opera users would think
Opera was broken - while sending a different, correct page to people using IE.

If you can prove to me that you have just arrived on this planet within the
past two weeks or so, I will consider your question to be legitimate.
Otherwise, please quit trolling.

Irv