[ale] (ot)Search Engines

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Sep 2 15:53:37 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 12:25:49PM -0700, tom hawks wrote:
> In your opinions, what is the quickest and best way to
> get you site listed within the top 6 at google?

I looked into it and came to the conclusion that there were 2 methods.

1) Content
2) $$$

Since sometimes content costs too much the 2nd option is probably the
cheapest route.

http://www.google.com/ads/

that page will calculate how much it will cost per day based on
certain search terms.  The average could be $1 per click. It could be
less.

I enjoy google but the one thing I'm seeing is that more often the first
few pages contain shopping sites.  This may just be the state of the
internet.  For example, one day I was lookig for a manufacturers site.
I found 100s of pages for people selling their stuff but not one page
for the actual site of the manufacturer.  Usually if I do it is buried
at the end of the list.  What makes thihngs worst is that many of the sites
selling the product actually were selling from Amazon's stock and not
their own.  Even the reviews pointed back to reviews on Amazon.