[ale] OT: unemployed list

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 29 10:55:25 EST 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 09:01:25AM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Fulton Green wrote:
>
> >It's NOT their decision if they don't know to subscribe.  Currently,
> >there aren't even subscription instructions for the main list, much less
> >the sublist.

How about a message that gets posted to the ale list on a regular basis
(monthly, say) that contains aministrivia like (un)subscribe
instructions, which lists are available, *appropriate ettiquette*, FAQs,
etc.

[snip]
> And I'd venture a guess that the sublist doesn't (and
> >possibly won't) get the same publicity that the main list does.
>
> I'm open to better publicity on both lists.  I still don't think the
> postings to the employment list (whatever it get's named) should be
> automagically posted to the ale list.  I think it's reasonable to post
> an OT: subject regarding such needs to the ALE if the employment list
> doesn't get any responses.

I don't see the point of a separate unemployment list if it's just going
to get posted to the ale list anyway.  A monthly (or even more frequent)
reminder of other lists will help some with promoting them.  For that
matter, a monthly post to the ale list could even summarize what's on
the unemployement list.  Just an idea.

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9