[ale] OT Question for COmcast users

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Oct 21 10:56:29 EDT 2003

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 09:37, Geoffrey wrote:
>

>>Finally, I'll share my most recent experience with Bellsouth.  I spent 3
>>days and talked to 11 people at Bellsouth trying to get a service that I
>>was already paying for turned on, on one of my lines.  (Line busy, call
>>forward).  The last person I spoke to was a supervisor.  I told her that
>>with the kind of customer service I'd received I should consider turning
>>my local service over to someone else.  She then asked me if I would
>>like her to transfer me to customer service so that they could terminate
>>my service.  Now that's customer service.
>

> Looks like Bellsouth has decided that customers are to be viewed the way
> the banks view them. Unless you bill is over <a non-specified, high
> dollar amount> $X/mo, GO AWAY.

I think it's worse then that.  I'm not your average residential
customer.  Although I don't do their dsl, I do have full feature land
lines.  My local phone bill is > $80 a month.  I would have change a
while ago, except I have to have Bellsouth to bet dsl in my area.  If I
changed my non-dsl line to another provider, it would double the cost.
I hate doing business with Bellsouth, but I'm not stupid.

They are the monopoly and they act like it.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net