[ale] USB-to-Serial Cable

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Tue Oct 21 00:23:53 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:08:19PM -0400, Kent Pirkle wrote:
> I'll second the keyspan. I have the USA-19QW and it works well with Red
> Hat 9. I've used it to connect to an external modem, as a Sun console,
> and as a Linux serial console.
What sort of driver, device name, and method of controlling baud rate
is there?  I'd like to be able to speak serial with my Thinkpad Laptop.
(I actually had a need earlier this year and had to drag out my AT&T
CRT built in 1986 that still worked!)

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]