[ale] [OT] monitor repair?

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Mon Oct 20 12:02:23 EDT 2003

A long time ago, (20.10.03), in a galaxy far, far away, Christopher...:

:=Ok, so my faithful 21" CRT monitor bit the dust a couple of weeks ago.
:=It was during a "brownout" and now when I turn it on I can hear the
:=relays inside click like 2 times and I don't get a display.  Soooo...
:=
:=After drooling over the new 21" Apple LCD up at CompUSA, I'm forced to
:=decide if I should have my 21" repaired or if I should just cut my
:=losses and get the Apple LCD.
:=
:=Does anyone know of any places that repair monitors?  If so, does anyone
:=know what kind of price I'll be looking at?  The monitor was about $900
:=new.  It's a ViewSonic G-810 21" CRT.  If its prohibitively expensive to
:=have repaired, I'll be forced to pick up that sweeeet apple 21" LCD.

It will likely be more to repair the monitor than it will be to replace it
with another one.  I've been down this road several times for folks when i
was working at University and the answer always came back "They want how
much to repair it?  And I have to pay them a bench fee for even having them
look at it?  No thanks".

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's