A bit more info, Re: [ale] Limping laptop, locking X11

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 11 10:07:06 EDT 2003

Bob -

Thanks.

In retrospect this looks better than what I did. The RH-6.2 setup had been
easy and was fairly lightweight and well tuned, but based on old
components (c.f., lib versions). Now I am in no-man's land and expect
quite a bit of fiddling to get my system as useful as it was before,
manual maintenance thereafter.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Bob Toxen wrote:

> Try Slackware 9.1 or 8.1.  I've always succeeded in getting Slackware
> to install well on laptops.  I've installed it on several models of
> Toshiba, btw.

 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu