[ale] Linux Based Backup Server

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Fri Oct 10 17:18:37 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 12:08, Bob Kruger wrote:
> Was wondering if anyone is using a Linux based machine as a backup server for mixed Windows/Linux environment.  If so, I would be most appreciative if you could share your software choice(s) and methodology.
>
> v/r
>
> Bob Kruger
Bob,

We do this with HP's Data Protector.

You have to management software on a Win32 box, but you can have Linux
machines be backed up from and/or be backup up to.

We recently tested backing up a HP-UX box to a Linux box and it also
worked fine.

Also, they have lots of features and the pricing is very good in my
opinion.

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you want to know more.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer